Our Modern Lifestyle, complete with air pollution, food additives, and high amount of stress ensure that the liver has plenty to do. A mere three pounds...
Our Modern Lifestyle, complete with air pollution, food additives, and high amount of stress ensure that the liver has plenty to do. A mere three pounds liver works hard for you everyday than you could imagine, such as converting the food rich in carbohydrates, fats and proteins into energy, detoxify blood as so on and thus in other words known as a “Gatekeeper” of your body.
Being the second largest organ in the body, it is least cared for till something really goes wrong. It performs N number of functions in the body; you may not be aware of and keeps you away from many nasty health diseases.
Strengthening our liver is one of the ways to boost energy, balance weight and for overall strengthen health.
One of the best we can do is by having a health plan based diet as it is rich in antioxidants, natural cleansing agents like fiber and water and contains non – acidic proteins that are friendlier to our body than the animal sources. Here are few healthy foods recommended for a healthy liver.
- WALNUTS – It is high in glutathione and omega 3 fatty acids, which helps support our lives through the cleansing process.
- TURMERIC – It is used majorly as a spice but it is known to help our bodies digest fats and stimulate the production of bile. It can also act as a natural detox for the liver.
- LEMONS – All citrus fruits like lemons are full of Vitamin C, but lemons also help our body cleanse out toxic materials and aids digestion process.
- AVOCADOS – Adding more avocados in your diet, helps your body to produce a type of antioxidants called glutathione, which is needed for our liver to filter out harmful materials.
- GREEN TEA – This tea contains a lot of plant antioxidants known as catechins, which is known to improve the functions of the liver.
- LEAFY GREENS – Leafy greens like spinach and lettuce have the ability to neutralize metals, chemicals and pesticides that maybe in our food, and act as a protective mechanism for the liver.
- BEETS – It is high in plant flavonoids, which will improve the overall function of the liver.
- GRAPEFRUIT -Either eating or drinking grapefruit juice helps flush out toxins and carcinogens. It is also high in Vitamin C and antioxidants.
- GARLIC- It helps to activate enzymes that can flush out toxins from liver. It has a high amount of allicin and selenium, two natural compounds heeds in liver cleansing.
- APPLES – They are rich in pectin, which is a soluble fiber which helps to remove toxins and cholesterol from the blood, which helps the liver. They are also rich in malic acid a natural cleansing nutrients which removes toxins.
- LENTILS They are rich in fiber which assists in cleansing process and are a natural source of plant based protein. Too much protein is not good for liver but lentil provides the right amount of protein for the body, which is not harmful and is the easiest legume to digest.
Liked this article on Diet For A Healthy Liver and have something to say? Comment below and don’t forget to SHARE THIS ARTICLE!